So what is healthy living?
Healthy living means maintaining a healthy lifestyle and introducing habits that improve your health.
Here a question may arise, we know everything, we know how to lead a healthy life, and then what’s new in this topic? Well this topic is something which will have never ending discussions.Because the definition of healthy living is different for each one of us.Despite being the best you were eating, you could still be missing out a lot.As I mentioned earlier it’s a never ending discussion.Let’s not get into the depth and moved to our next content i.e., benefits of healthy living.
Benefits of Healthy Living:
- Feeling better mentally -Doing regular exercise also with meditation can lift your mood up and help us to feel better.
- Saving money – If we stop consuming junk foods, smoking, drinking sugary drinks or alcohol then we can stop expensive disease also because all these are expensive habits.
- Fewer health problems -If we leave a healthier lifestyle risk of developing many illness can be lowered to an extent.
- Taking control of your life – Getting healthy helps you feel life is under your control.It will start depending on the healthier choices you make. You will get more energy also.
Now comes the how part
How to lead a healthy life?
- Change just one thing at a time -We need to see the benefits that can come from eating more wholesome food or, taking up exercise or, quitting smoking.
- Make small changes – Going for regular work instead of pushing yourself to run 5 kilometres everyday can become a habit that you will keep.
- Be flexible – If you decide to cut down on sugar do it gradually over a week rather than all at once and you can see the difference.
- Build on what you already do -For example, if you sometimes buy fruit to eat, then try to buy more of this (and fewer chips and biscuits).
- Swapping soft drinks for water and herbal tea.
- Eating no meat for at least 1 day a week.
- Ensuring that produce makes up about 50 percent of each meal.
- Swapping cow’s milk for plant-based milk.
- Eating whole fruits instead of drinking juices, which contain less fiber and often include added sugar.
- Avoiding processed meats, which are high in salt and may increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Eating more lean protein, which can be found in eggs, tofu, fish, and nuts.
- Cultivate active habits. If you have trouble getting to the gym on a regular basis, build more activity into your daily routine. Take up gardening or another active hobby. Get a dog so that you remember to go on walks.
- See if you can bike part of your commute instead of walking it.
- Take the stairs, not the elevator.
- Try any hobby that gets you out of the house and moving around, like bird watching or geocaching.
Through repetition and consistency, you can build a new exercise habit that can help you lead a healthier life. Remember increasing or adding even one new healthy behavior can make difference to your health.
For healthy living we need to have balance diet, we need to avoid stress as much as possible, we need to exercise regularly to reduce overweight, we need to drink plenty of water and the most important part that we neglect we need enough sleep to rejuvenate and replenish ourselves. To make the body function properly.
Next come to the point on how to live healthy during this pandemic which is now very crucial for us as we have to adjust ourselves in this “new normal” condition.For this a healthy routine is a mandate.
- So we can move throughout the day
- Walk during con-calls when you can.
- Go outside to get Vitamin D too.
- You can also take breaks and do some stretches.
- Working after dinner has been shown to have health benefits like low blood sugar control.
- Make time to declutter your head
- If you focus 3 minutes on our breathing it can help lower blood pressure.
- You can also try to pen down everything on a paper to clear our mind.
- Yoga and meditation are the best medicine to keep the mind free and clean.
- Eat more plants and whole food
- We can focus on fresh or dried hubs and simple food preparation.
- Also you can take help of some food supplements to fill the nutritional gap.
- Set a schedule and stick to it
- Work from home doesn’t imply you have to work for whole day long.
- You can categorise your work according to the importance and set a finishing date.
- You can even plan a weekly work schedule and try to stick to it no matters what.
- Get 7-9 hours of restorative sleep
- You need to disconnect ourselves from laptops mobiles phones or any electronic device 1 -2 hours before going to bed.
- Meditation for three minutes will help to fall asleep very quickly.
- You can have a sound full sleep.
- Positive social connection
- You can talk to the right people as much as possible
- You can call your childhood friends whom you haven’t contacted for a long time have a video calls with your friends frequently
- Most importantly spend time with your close one that is your family
- Lastly keep yourself hydrated and drink at least two to three litres of water everyday.
So as to conclude let’s start our journey of leading a healthy life from now onwards.
Take self care. Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle because it’s a choice.
Healthy Body + Healthy Mind = Happy Life
Because healthy living increase the longevity of your life. October 10, is celebrated as World Mental Health Day. The terms healthy living and mental health are correlated as the old saying says “Jaisa Ann Waisa Mann”.